What is Happening? What to Do
My dear reader and well wishers of Pakistan, the time may not be enough to write long winding, well articulated articles on the current situation in Pakistan. I, a person with faith in Islam as the raison d'être of this Country and a son of soil is too worried today. Dr. Manzer Durrani, your Sohni Dharti is in pain.
The situation has turned very complex. There are multiple players. Namely, Afghan army, BLA, Taliban, local Taliban, Pushtun dissidents, Mulas of Swat, anti social elements, dearness, crises of power, Pakistan Army, NATO, US army, the estranged partners of coalition government, Indian presence in Afghanistan and couple of more. Many scholars and analysts get lost in to the pin pricks. The smoke and dust is coking the breath and blurring the vision. Can we focus on following summarized inferences? We must, and MUST act as well; please. The time is running out.
1. Return of Ch. Iftikhar the CJ, availability and affordability of flour, petrol, gas, and running of coalition government are all gradually becoming side issues. These are reducing to mere garnishing of the real pie.
2. Pakistan had no enemies amongst Taliban and Al-Qaeda till the non-representative and military government under Musharaf made special efforts to do that. It was someone else’s war, brought to Pakistan. For the Chief Executive wanted to be the solution.
3. There was no better government for Pakistan than that of Taliban in Afghanistan. It was replaced by that of Karzai’s.
4. India could not have gained as much influence in Afghanistan except under the government of Karzai. India is most pleased to see Pakistan armed forces and whole of second line forces embroiled within its own boundaries. Well done India.
5. A ghost enemy is being created by US in Pakistan. Large enough to justify its military intervention. Of course, Karzai is the best manager on one side of the fence while Musharaf, time tested and chosen on the other. Elected government or no elected government; US does not have to care. It is too weak to be of any consequences.
6. US want Pakistan to use massive force against tribe’s men and religio-political forces. This is the ideal recipe to weaken Pakistani forces and militant tribesmen. These are the two probable sources of resistance, when US attacks. US forces are already testing the waters.
7. Today Pakistan has lost more lives than US in Afghanistan.
8. Altaf Hussain and Zardari have good relations with each other and an unexplainable one with the US administration.
9. Political and Economic mis-management is on the increase at a steady pace. The coalition government is hardly breathing. Everyone in the street is questioning where the government is.
What to Do? It is a million dollar question, but at the same time as cheap as a million dollar divided by one hundred and sixteen million. Everyone is concerned, every one has a suggestion. One extreme says make Musharaf, Ambassador of US in Pakistan, or Musharaf was better than this Zardari plus Gilani government. The other extreme is anything one can imagine. I have following three to submit. However, all are of immediate in nature.
1. There is no threat from within. Stop fighting own people. Not a bullet to be fired by men in Khaki within boundaries of Pakistan.
2. Restore judges and restore Parliament. Let National Assembly do its work within the walls of Assembly. There are no ministers and those in chair are at large.
3. Have the faith; you armed forces of Pakistan with support of Baitullah Mehsood, Mangal Bagh, Fazal ur Rehman of Swat and leader of Al Qaeda in Afghanistan and Mr.Hai Baloch and Mehmood Ali Khan Achkzai will be able to defeat US designs.
My dear reader, will America attack if these mentioned above can get together?