POST MEETING REPORT SIXTH MONTHLY SEMINAR 2017-18 29 October 2017
- General. It was 101ST Meeting of TFP. And to recap memories first one was on April 7th 2007. The topic for the Monthly Seminar was as important as ‘National Integration and Social Cohesion’. We had the privilege to have two highly educated and experienced scholars. I am going to attach their brief introduction with this PMR; for you.
- To inform all worthy members, that external audit of our account for Better Morrow is in progress. It is a taxable account. The IT number is against the name of Colonel Bakhtiar Hakeem.
- Lt Gen Naeem K Lodhi, chaired the MS.
- The Event Layout. The order was as follows: -
- Recitation of Holy Quran, recitation and the translation, by Mr. Shamsul Haq Awan.
- Welcome and the Opening Note by the Secy Gen.
- Business of the Forum by the Secy Gen.
- The Topic, ‘National Integration and Social Cohesion’ the two speakers, in order of their appearance were:
a. Mr. M Saeed Khan, Ex Ambassador
b. Dr. R M Ikram Azam ndc
- Conclusion and Award of Certificate of Merit. Chairman, Lt Gen Naeem Khalid Lodhi.
- Recitation from Holy Quran and its Meanings. Two ayah mubaraka were recited and their meanings and possibly what they could mean for us today was presented.
2: 251. So they routed them by Allah's leave and David slew Goliath; and Allah gave him the kingdom and wisdom, and taught him of that which He willeth. And if Allah had not repelled some men by others the earth would have been corrupted. But Allah is a Lord of Kindness to (His) creatures.
22:40. Those who have been driven from their homes unjustly only because they said: Our Lord is Allah. For had it not been for Allah's repelling some men by means of others, cloisters and churches and oratories and mosques, wherein the name of Allah is oft mentioned, would assuredly have been pulled down. Verily Allah helpeth one who helpeth Him. Lo! Allah is Strong, Almighty. Translation: M Pikthall
- Welcome Note and the Opening Words. The audience were warmly welcomed and thanked. The worthy audience was apprised that TFP stands for ‘Better Pakistan’. And all were invited to join the Forum, if they have something to offer and contribute for this superior identity; called or being ‘a Pakistani’. Therefore, the relevance of national integration and its roots being embedded in the social cohesion.
- Business of the Forum. Time was saved and accounts statement were circulated among the audience. The summarized figures of TFP Trust fund and that of AMS were stated out.
- The Talk cum Discussion, ‘National Integration and Social Cohesion’. As stated above there were two speakers. Each adding valuable richness and scholarship to the debate and discussion. The questions and the comments further added to the objectivity of the very purpose of the topic. Islam; how it has served the purpose of national homogeneity, convergence and solidarity of society came up as a consequential question. The question of role of Islam, was so significant that it was chosen to be the topic for the next MS.
- State of Accounts. At Annex D. I can repeat my request to clear your dues. Those who wish to discontinue as a member may intimate accordingly. They shall remain beneficiary of TFP; as all Pakistanis are our beneficiaries. Members are the ones who ‘give’.
- Conclusion. Chairman TFP, Lt Gen Naeem K Lodhi concluded the evening with befitting appreciation for the learned speakers. Last event was award of certificate of merit for Dr. Ikram Azam and Mr. M Saeed Khalid.
Annexes (enclosed primarily for those are not in e-group and who did not attend)
- Summary of the Talk, ‘Talking Points’; on the Topic, by Dr. Ikram Azam.
- Excerpts from the Talk, on the Topic, by Mr. M Saeed Khalid.
- Introduction of the Learned and Worthy Speakers.
- Statement of Accts: TFP Trust, including AMS Report.