POST MEETING REPORT FOURTH MONTHLY SEMINAR 2016-17 24 Sep 2016
1. General . It was a special MS by the significance of its topic. The topic was Kashmir, the cry of the moment and the world’s current issue. Even if not the leading issue at intl level, it was most burning topic in the sub-continent. The learned speaker at the occasion was Convener of All Parties Hurriyet Conference (APHC); Dr. Ghulam Muhammad Safi. Forum stands obliged to the learned speaker. A Pre-PMR has already been sent thru email, based on the video, documentary and maps displayed for the audience at the occasion.
2. The Event Layout. The proceedings for the evening followed following steps and the sequence:
2.1 Recitation of Holy Quran, explanation of the meanings and its relevance to our lives. Secretary General (Secy Gen).
2.2 Welcome and the Opening Note by the Secy Gen.
2.3 Business of the Forum, by the Secy Gen.
2.4 The Presentation-cum-Talk, ‘Kashmir: As of Today’, by Dr. G M Safi.
2.5 Conclusion & Award of Certificate of Merit. Chairman TFP, Lt Gen Naeem K Lodhi.
3. Recitation from Holy Quran and its Meanings. Three Ayah Mubaraka were selected, to highlight primarily one point. It was; are we equal? If learned and un-educated or one devoid of knowledge are unequal, should both have same right of vote? And if we are unequal, and can excel each other; how and by which parameters?
3.1 Commonality of Biological and Genetic Seed. 4:1. So we are equal, being sons and daughters of one man.
3.2 Can a Seer and Blind man be Equal. 6:50 last part. Of course one logical answer is No.
3.3 Who is Noblest of You. 49:13. The noblest of you, in the sight of Allah is the one who is best in the conduct. Therefore, difference in nobleness is based on the conduct.
3.5 Life is a Test of Conduct. 67:2. This cycle of life and death [and all it encompasses] is to test the man; who is better in the conduct. And best out of you is the one who is best for the mankind; 98:7. Thus the level of benevolence makes the difference. The price tag, would finally be directly proportional to the yield and the benevolence which accrued out of me for the rest of the creatures.
اے لوگو (ف۲) اپنے رب سے ڈرو جس نے تمہیں ایک جان سے پیدا کیا (ف۳) اور اسی میں سے اس کا جوڑا بنایا اور ان دونوں سے بہت سے مرد و عورت پھیلادیئے اور اللّٰہ سے ڈرو جس کے نام پر مانگتے ہو اور رشتوں کا لحاظ رکھو بے شک اللّٰہ ہر وقت تمہیں دیکھ رہا ہے۔ 4:1
….تم فرماؤ کیا برابر ہوجائیں گے اندھے اور انکھیارے .تو کیا تم غور نہیں کرتے .6:50
وہ جس نے موت اور زندگی پیدا کی کہ تمہاری جانچ ہو تم میں کس کا کام زیادہ اچھا ہے اور وہی عزّت والا بخشش والا ہے ۔ 67:2
بے شک جو ایمان لائے اور اچھے کام کئے وہی تمام مخلوق میں بہتر ہیں. 98:7.
Hence everyone MUST get an equal playing field to exhibit the conduct. And thus no law can be made to exclude anyone or disqualifying any one; for instance casting of vote. Of course, the posts of a Gardner and a Professor cannot be contested and competed for, by one set of education and experience. A professor to be would fail in Gardner’s JS (job specifications). Here seer and blind will remain unequal.
4. Welcome Note and the Opening Words
4.1 Secy Gen said, It is indeed an honour and pleasure to say welcome to you all, at the monthly seminar. Your time and efforts are invaluable, since it is for the cause of Better Pakistan. Pakistan, the common identity, common flagship and the common platform. You are here at the invitation of Chairman TFP, Lt Gen N K Lodhi.
4.2 Our topic is Kashmir, today. The word, the phrase and the concept which is part of our body and soul, as Pakistanis. It is under siege today, under subjugation and extreme oppression. The body count is 106 today, the 73rd day of curfew. From Mujahid-e-Awal to Burhan Wani…. the fight is on. All of them have kept the flame of struggle for the Right of Self Determination on, thru their sweat and blood. Over a 100,000 has been killed since 1989 uprising. Dr Safi, born in Baramula, IHK went thru no less than ten years of jail. Today he is our learned speaker. And it was only a few days ago; 16th Sep, when he briefed PM of Pakistan, before later left for his address to the 71st Session of the General Assembly, at the UN.
5. Business of the Forum. There were three points on the Agenda. These were:
5.1 Sbm Lib
5.1.1. The process of uploading books and magazines on LIMS is on. So far i.e., 28th Sep about 760 books have been computerized. Soon this record will be shared with all the learned members.
5.1.2 New Arrivals. Only one book was added in the month. It is Emotional Intelligence 2.0 by Travis Bradberry & Jean Greaves.
5.2. AMS Report. There has been development and progress after 24th Sep. A case of a student, BS Physics, 3rd Semester at QAU and of one at APS Fort Road is under process. The summarized figures are, Annex B :-
5.2.1 No of beneficiaries: 30, at 7 institutions.
5.2.2 Funds received; Rs. 103,000 in the month, and overall 1.9 Mn plus.
5.2.3 Disbursed: Rs. 1.128 Mn plus.
5.37 Monthly statement of acct. Received during the month Rs. 128,000 plus and spent 304,000 plus. Details Annex C.
6. The Presentation-cum-Talk, ‘Kashmir- As of Today’, by Dr. Ghulam Muhammad. As stated above, our learned speaker was Convener APHC; therefore, it was listening from the horse’s mouth. The speech of PM at the General Assembly remained a focal point, throughout the discussion. The comments and the opinions expressed by the audience, paid rich tribute to the speaker. One apt and an honest comment was that, today after this enlightened talk, I have become hopeful to see Kashmir as part of Pakistan. Dr. Safi, concluded it was neither a territorial issue, nor a HR issue nor anything else, but the issue of the right of self-determination. There was an extensive session of Q&A, and comments. A brief one liner summary is given below.
7. Comments and Questions.
7.1 Col Riaz Qureshi. Should there be or is there any provision of district wise plebiscite?
7.2 Dr. Shafqat. What is the constitutional status of Kashmir in India? And what are its implications?
7.3 Brig Akram. Are demographic changes taking place, and does UN resolution allow it, and is there any system of monitoring.
7.4 Brig Asif Haroon. Pakistan MUST follow up and keep the pressure on. The issue of Khalistan should remain stipulated.
7.5 Col Riaz Jafri. The status of our northern area, and its ramifications as part of J&K issue in the light of UN Resolutions.
7.6 Mr. Zubair. The leadership of AJK, must play an active role.
8. Conclusion Gen Lodhi concluded the evening with due appreciation for the learned and experienced speaker. Chairman raised the issue of the venue of the MS, and the additional cost being paid by the Forum. He asked the participants to pay Rs. 200/-. The views remained pending due paucity of time. The evening came to a close with award of Certificate of Merit to Dr. Ghulam Muhammad Safi, by the Chairman TFP.
Annexes (enclosed primarily for those are not in e-group and who did not attend)
- Kashmir- as of today. The Script of Talk by Dr. Ghulam Muhammad Safi
- AMS Report.
- Statement of Monthly Accts