POST MEETING REPORT SIXTH MONTHLY SEMINAR 2016-17 30 OCT 2016
1. General We met for our 6th Monthly Seminar on 30th Oct. Lt Gen Muhammad Asad Durrani, the founding chairman of TFP was our illustrious and learned guest speaker. He chose to speak on an intriguing topic, sensitizing all thinking minds; but differently. The events of the evening unfolded as follows: -
2. The Event Layout. The order was as follows: -
2.1 Recitation of Holy Quran, explanation of the meanings and its relevance to our lives. Secretary General (Secy Gen).
2.2 Welcome and the Opening Note by the Secy Gen.
2.3 Business of the Forum, by the Secy Gen.
2.4 The Talk, ‘Pakistan: not for the faint-hearted, or for the softheaded’, by Gen Asad Durrani.
2.5 Conclusion & Award of Certificate of Merit. Chairman TFP, Lt Gen Naeem K Lodhi.
3. Recitation from Holy Quran and its Meanings. Ayah Mubaraka 190-191 of Al-Imran and Ayah 101 of Sura Yunis, were selected for the occasion. It was for those Muslims who could observe, ponder and question. That is how a Muslim should give an account of himself/herself, while here in His universe for the stipulated time. Not covered during the MS, but a relevant reference, 98:7. That should be the terminal and final outcome, of the ability to question, explore and yielding into some result. And what is it? It is Benevolence.
Most of all what surrounds me had been named before my birth. Someone had developed the disciplines and sub-disciplines. Someone had deduced and inferred the theories; categorized into classes and sub-classes. What did I do? Have named nothing so far! Then new phrases and names (concepts) have come in to my life after my birth. Hundreds of these, listing some, e.g., apartheid, hybrid car, ni-cad battery, remote control, mouse, laptop, plasma, digital, laminated (wood) walls, thermo-pore, whatsapp, ball-point, gel-pen, drone, even kino. Yes, your lists of items differ from mine, fine. Have you and me named anything new. None? Have you made any innovation in the clipboard you carried as a school student? Can you now read above quoted verses again? How hard and deep you have been thinking!
4. Welcome Note and the Opening Words
4.1 Secy Gen said, It is indeed an honour and pleasure to say welcome to you all, at the monthly seminar, ladies and gentlemen. Your time and efforts are invaluable, since it is for the cause of Better Pakistan. Pakistan, the common identity, our flagship and the shared platform. You are here at the invitation of Chairman TFP, Lt Gen Naeem K Lodhi.
4.2 The founding father of TFP is our honourable guest speaker, what a moment and an occasion. Pleasure is all mine. Thank you sir.
4.3 Introduction of the New Members and the Guests. We had two new personalities; Dr. Ikram Azam and Gen Ahsan Mehmood. Gen Ahsan gave audience a candid but brief introduction. He covered his career, family and related details. Dr. Raja Ikram Azam, who is also our life-time member, gave a one liner, all in one introduction. Would expect feedback from Gen Ahsan when he gets this PMR.
5. Business of the Forum. There were three points on the Agenda. These were
5.1 Sbm Lib. Two pieces of information are as follows:
5.1.1 778 books have been put on LIMS. We have 195 mag/journals; of 25 different types. We will computerize the data on DSPACE.
5.1.2 Of late Lib of Preston Uni has intimated, to be one of the subscribers, of our bi-monthly Journal. We already have seven libraries on the inventory of our subscribers.
5.2 AMS Report. Received 3,000 in Oct and a total of Rs. 1.916 Mn in the year. Have disbursed 1.424 Mn among 32 students at 9 different institutions. Latest to join was APSAC Fort Road. Details Annex B.
6. The Talk, ‘by Gen Asad Durrani. A brief on the Talk has been prepared by the Learned Speaker. It vividly puts across his view point, as to why Pakistan has proven to be resilient beyond all estimates. You will find a number of new phrases, not in use conventionally in the disciple of international relations. It also shows how to ensure a safe and secure future for Pakistan. Three learned audience further enriched the talk-cum-discussion, through their comments and questions. They were Dr. Ikram Azam, Col Mushtaq and Brig Kaukab. Annex A.
7. Conclusion Gen Lodhi concluded the evening with due appreciation for the learned and experienced speaker. The evening came to a close with award of Certificate of Merit to Gen Asad Durrani.
8. Accounts In addition to the Monthly Statement of Accts, Annex C; henceforth you will be served with a separate statement, on TFP-BM. Annex D. It is a separate acct, dealing with the income and expenditure of BM, alone. We are in deficit by Rs. 59, 000 approximately.
Annexes (enclosed primarily for those are not in e-group and who did not attend)
- ‘Pakistan: Not for the Fainthearted or for the Soft-headed’, by Gen Asad Durrani.
- AMS Report.
- Statement of Monthly Accts
- Statement of TFP-BM acct