POST MEETING REPORT EIGHTH MONTHLY SEMINAR 2016-17 25 DEC 2016
1. General We met for our 8th Monthly Seminar on 25th Dec. A day commemorated for a couple of reasons. It was strikingly a very low attendance at the occasion. A very depressing scene. I can work out a mathematical meridian of 90 plus such meetings, however, an educated guess is 16. I had information about three of our worthy members for they were either out of the city or unwell. Sure, it will be my utmost effort to server to suit the taste and convenience of our honorable and learned members and the guests. Our learned, veteran member and ex-VC, Col Riaz Jafri was the speaker for the Evening. Vice Chairman Brig Asif Haroon chaired the MS. The events unfolded as follows: -
2. The Event Layout. The order was as follows: -
2.1 Recitation of Holy Quran, explanation of the meanings and its relevance to our lives. Secretary General (Secy Gen).
2.2 Welcome and the Opening Note by the Secy Gen.
2.3 Business of the Forum, by the Secy Gen.
2.4 The Talk, ‘Strong Pakistan means Economically Strong Pakistan’ by Col Riaz H Jafri.
2.5 Conclusion & Award of Certificate of Merit. V Chairman TFP, Brig Asif Haroon.
3. Recitation from Holy Quran and its Meanings. Three Ayah Mubaraka 3: 33, 42 and 45 were selected for the occasion. If you are interested in the subject, please add 19:5 also. The Urdu meanings of three aforesaid Ayahs have been given below. I may suggest; use more than one translation for a better understanding :
اِنَّ اللہَ اصْطَفٰۤی اٰدَمَ وَنُوۡحًا وَّ اٰلَ اِبْرٰہِیۡمَ وَ اٰلَ عِمْرٰنَ عَلَی الْعٰلَمِیۡنَ ﴿ ۙ۳۳
بے شک اللّٰہ نے چُن لیا آدم اور نوح اور ابراہیم کی آل اور عمران کی آل کو سارے جہان سے ۔
وَ اِذْ قَالَتِ الْمَلٰٓئِکَۃُ یٰمَرْیَمُ اِنَّ اللہَ اصْطَفٰىکِ وَطَہَّرَکِ وَاصْطَفٰىکِ عَلٰی نِسَآءِ الْعٰلَمِیۡنَ﴿۴۲﴾ اور
جب فرشتوںنے کہا اے مریم بے شک اللّٰہ نے تجھے چُن لیا اور خوب ستھرا کیا اور آج سارے
جہاں کی عورتوں سے تجھے پسند کیا
اِذْ قَالَتِ الْمَلٰٓئِکَۃُ یٰمَرْیَمُ اِنَّ اللہَ یُبَشِّرُکِ بِکَلِمَۃٍ مِّنْہُۙ اسْمُہُ الْمَسِیۡحُ عِیۡسَی ابْنُ مَرْیَمَ وَجِیۡہًا فِی
الدُّنْیَا وَالۡاٰخِرَۃِ وَمِنَ الْمُقَرَّبِیۡنَ﴿ۙ۴۵﴾ اور یاد کرو جب فرشتوں نے مریم سے کہا اے مریم اللّٰہ تجھ
بشارت دیتا ہے اپنے پاس سے ایک کلمہ کی جس کا نام ہے مسیح عیسٰی مریم کا بیٹا رو دار ہوگا دنیا اور آخرت میں اور قرب والا
This is His Islam, these were His chosen and selected role models for Muslims. Are we one to follow them!
4. Welcome Note and the Opening Words. Secy Gen warmly welcomed all, in these words. “It is an honour and a proud pleasure to be of some service to you all. For, you are Pakistan. The honourable and learned members and guests. I thank you all. For you, those who are here and all worthy members who are contributing and sharing and giving for a superior cause and identity thru sharing their thoughts, actions in kind and cash. It is a day to be dedicated to the Founder of Pakistan.”
4.1 Introduction of the New Members and the Guests. We had three new guests.
4.1.1 Mr. Zulfiqar Somoroo. A scholar of M Phil IR.
4.1.2 Mr. Najeebullah. A scholar of M Phil IR.
4.1.3 Mr. Manzoor A Jamali.
5. Business of the Forum. There were four points on the Agenda. These were:
5.1 AMS Report. May you contribute towards this great feature of service to Pakistan. Monthly statement of accts is at Annex B.
5.2. Now we are short by Rs. 98,000 under this head. Please see how you can help our bi-monthly Journal to be self-sustained. Statement of accts at Annex C.
5.3 SBM Lib and BM. A new feature has been added. It is the collection and collation of the articles of national and international interest, on monthly basis. Will be sharing it with all soon. Two new books were added, Annex D. Please find the libraries subscribing and maintaining BM. Govt Central Lib Bahawalpur has been added just this month. Annex E.
5.4 Monthly Statement of Accts. Annex F.
6.The Talk, ‘Strong Pakistan means Economically Strong Pakistan’ by Col Riaz H Jafri. Secy Gen, fondly recalled the occasion when Col Jafri, had seen and heard The Quaid-e-Azam.. And then, Col Jafri narrated the whole event, what happened and how it was at the Edwards College, Peshawar, 1948. He recalled ‘U’ made by the thumb and index finger by the Baba, denoting You.
6.1 Then the economic strength was expressed, not as a desire or a goal, but elaborated with practical suggestions, how to achieve it. See Annex A.
6.2 Then there was an extensive session of Q&A, and interactive comments. May be that was one positive outcome of very low attendance.
7. Conclusion Brig Asif Haroon, gave a brief talk, before an elaborate conclusion. Later he eulogized the very well prepared talk-cum-presentation by the learned speaker. The evening came to a close with award of Certificate of Merit to Col Jafri.
Annexes (enclosed primarily for those are not in e-group and who did not attend)
- Brief on Talk, ‘Strong Pakistan Means Economically Strong Pakistan’, by Col Jafri
- AMS Report
- TFP-BM. Statement of Accts
- SBM Lib. New Arrivals Subscribers for BM
- Subscribers for BM
- Statement of Monthly Accts