POST MEETING REPORT NINTH MONTHLY SEMINAR 2016-17 29 JAN 2017
1. General This was the first monthly seminar (MS) for the year 2017, but 9th for our year at TFP. Our year starts from April. Last time the number of audience was six, while this month we were nineteen, which was above the average. This was the first time that, Secretary General was the speaker for the evening. The topic was of its own type and nature. It concerned each one of us; the individual self. How could we manage our time better than the yesterday. Seeing the interest of audience, we discussed Goal and Objective setting as well. Again for a better yield, involvement of each worthy member, and the objectivity the speaker to be had sent out, a Hand-Out, followed by an individual assessment exercise for all those who were invited. It was the questionnaire; How Good is Your Time Management? Air Cdre Zafar I Mir, conducted the MS. While I stand personally obliged, it was an omen of life for the body called TFP. TFP shall keep striving for Better Pakistan, with new zeal and rejuvenated commitment under new talent. Gen Naeem K Lodhi, chaired the MS.
2. The Event Layout. The order was as follows: -
2.1 Recitation of Holy Quran, explanation of the meanings and its relevance to our lives. Air Cdre Z I Mir.
2.2 Welcome and the Opening Note by Air Cdre Mir.
2.3 Business of the Forum by Air Cdre Mir.
2.4 The Talk, ‘Time Management & Setting Goals’, by Bakhtiar.
2.5 Conclusion & Award of Certificate of Merit. Chairman TFP, Lt Gen Naeem K Lodhi.
3. Recitation from Holy Quran and its Meanings. Two verses from Quran were recited and translation read out.
4. Welcome Note and the Opening Words. The audience were thanked and warmly welcomed. Special thanks were expressed for being here and to all worthy members who are contributing and sharing and giving for a superior cause and identity thru sharing their thoughts, actions in kind and cash.
4.1 Introduction of the New Members and the Guests. We had three new guests. A mother and two daughters. Daughters were brilliant students.
4.1.1 Ms Shifa Saleem
4.1.2 Ms. Shazia Saleem
4.1.3 Ms. Sama Saleem
5. Business of the Forum. There were four points on the Agenda. These were:
5.1 AMS Report. May you contribute towards this great feature of service to Pakistan. Monthly statement of accts is at Annex H.
5.2 . It was noticed that BM magazine head is usually running in debit. Its expenses are being met from other heads. It was felt that there is a need to take necessary steps in order to make it self-sufficient. Members TFP, especially Directors BoG, are requested to get more sponsors and or, commercials. Statement of accts at Annex I.
5.3 SBM Lib and BM. A new feature has been added. It is the collection and collation of the articles of national and international interest, on monthly basis. Will be sharing it with all soon. Eight new books were added in the month, Annex J.
5.4 Monthly Statement of Accts. Annex F.
6. The Presentation-cum-Workshop, ‘‘Time Management & Setting Goals’, by Bakhtiar. It was a highly interactive session. All were deeply involved. The evening was made rich by valuable contribution by all. However, the Resistors were in fore-front. And in the humble opinion of the facilitator, the question of ‘Identity’ and it’s in-grilled, answer; resisted the change. How one could use next tranche of 24 hours in a new way, if all was taken for granted, and already fully know! Please see details from Annex A to F. It includes the interpretation of the Score. May you use it having gone thru the quantitative exercise. A number of participants were interested in the hard copies of the material presented and explained. Thanking your interest I have added all the slides as annexex.
7. Concl;usion Chairman TFP, concluded the evening. He highlighted the usefulness and the probable dividends, which the TM can accrue. The evening came to a close with award of “Certificate of Merit” to the speaker.
Annexes (enclosed primarily for those are not in e-group and who did not attend)
- Time Management (TM) & Stress Management (SM), by Bakhtiar
- TM and Related Concepts
- TM Eleven Tips
- Techniques for Setting Priorities
- How Good is Your TM? A Questionnaire, and the Score Interpretation
- Goals & Objectives. How to set goals.
- SBM Lib. New Arrivals
- AMS Report
- TFP-BM. Statement of Accts
- Statement of Monthly Accts