POST MEETING REPORT TENTH MONTHLY SEMINAR 2016-17 26 FEB 2017
1. General This was the last monthly seminar (MS) for the year 2016-2017. Now we shall, God-willing, meet for 10th AGM. Henceforth all AGMs were held in the last week of March. This evening the topics at hand were; Life, Attitude, Procrastination and Stress Management. Air Cdre Zafar Iqbal Mir conducted the Seminar, while Lt Gen Naeem Khalid Lodhi, chaired it.
2. The Event Layout. The order was as follows: -
2.1 Recitation of Holy Quran, recitation and the translation, by Air Cdre Z I Mir.
2.2 Welcome and the Opening Note by Air Cdre Mir.
2.3 Business of the Forum by Air Cdre Mir.
2.4 The Talk-cum-Presentation, ‘Life, Procrastination & Stress Management’, by Bakhtiar.
2.5 Conclusion & Award of Certificate of Merit. Chairman TFP, Lt Gen Naeem K Lodhi.
3. Recitation from Holy Quran and its Meanings. Three verses from Sura al-Hadid were recited and its translation read out to the audience.
4. Welcome Note and the Opening Words. The audience were thanked and warmly welcomed. Special thanks were expressed for being here and to all worthy members who are contributing and sharing and giving for a superior cause and identity thru their thoughts, actions in kind and cash.
4.1 Introduction of the New Members and the Guests. We had two new guests. They gave their brief introduction.
4.1.1 Mr. Zulfiqar Ali Malik
4.1.2 Mr. Fawad Rasheed
5. Business of the Forum. Three statement of accounts were displayed and the summary of the month, given to the audience. The details were circulated. All three statements are part of this PMR.
6. SBM Library, ‘The Newspaper Thesaurus’. It is a new feature of TFP, in service of the members and the community, in general. Articles selected are of relatively greater importance for social, economic and national growth. And these are of generally renown writers. These are being collected and collated as ‘The Newspaper Thesaurus’, by calendar month. Please find the collection of five months; Aug-Dec 2016.
7. The Presentation-cum-Workshop, ‘’Life, Attitude, Procrastination & Stress Management’, by Bakhtiar. Whatever was covered, and some additional material is being sent as part of this PMR. Sure the subject of Life was of great interest. Dr. Ikram Azam, the senior most member, gave a happy surprise to all. When he vouched that he goes thru self-appraisal on daily basis, and is growing.
7.1 I had placed a statement, on display. It is in a way my life-time inference on the topic. It read, “I enjoy my right of being wrong and grant it to others. Do you?”
7.2 This statement or adage came under a bit of discussion. I have grown to amend, improve and restate, as follows:
7.2.1 "To be wrong is a blessing, whatever be your age or experience."
7.2.2 "Lucky are those who can discern and reckon their mistakes and shortcomings before others tell them."
7.2.3 "Come on! Be brave enough to make new mistakes today." And
7.2.4 "To stay in and enjoy comfort zone, will not let you grow."
7.3 Sure, I can still be wrong! This strength will help me do better tomorrow.
8. Conclusion. Chairman TFP, concluded the evening. He highlighted the usefulness and the richness of the contents. The evening came to a close with award of “Certificate of Merit” to the speaker
Annexes (enclosed primarily for those are not in e-group and who did not attend)
- Attitude, Life, Procrastination & Stress Management, by Bakhtiar
- SBM Lib. New Arrivals
- The Newspaper Thesaurus, for Aug-Dec 2016
- AMS Report
- TFP-BM. Statement of Accts
- Statement of Monthly Accts