POST MEETING REPORT THIRD MONTHLY SEMINAR 2016-17 24 JULY 2016
1. General We held our 3rd Monthly Seminar (MS) on Jul 24th. It was after the break of one month. This MS was ‘Edhi Special’. So do I plan to dedicate, the next Issue of BM. Dr. Muhammad Hamid was the learned speaker at the occasion. Iqbal, his teachings and philosophy, is of deep interest to him. Mr. Rana Abdul Baqi was especially invited to talk about Mr. Abdul Sattar Edhi. And it was followed by another novel feature at TFP; the auction of portraits of Edhi.
2. The Event Layout. The proceedings for the evening were as follows:
2.1 Recitation of Holy Quran, explanation of the meanings and its relevance to us. Secy Gen enjoyed the honor, in the absence of Mr. Imtiaz.
2.2 Welcome and the Opening note by the Secy Gen.
2.3 Business of the Forum, by the Secy Gen.
2.4 Edhi Special:
2.4.1 Talk by Mr. Rana Abdul Baqi.
2.4.2 Auction of a Painting and a Pencil Portrait of Mr. Edhi, by Ms. Saba and Mr. Sarfaraz.
2.5 The Talkعلامہ ڈاکڑ محمد اقبال خطبہ علی گڑھ 1911 , Dr. Muhammad Hamid.
2.6 Conclusion & Award of Certificate of Merit. Col Riaz Jafri, VC TFP concluded the session.
3. Recitation from Holy Quran and its Meanings. الشوری : 13 recited and the meanings read out and explained, briefly. The subject covered, in the Ayas between 13 and 16, was a continuation. It is in a way definition, description and scope of Islam. Only Aya No.13 is covered below. Please find Urdu translation below
تمہارے لئے دین کی وہ راہ ڈالی جس کا حکم اس نے نوح کو دیا ۔ اور جو ہم نے تمہاری طرف وحی کی اور جس کا حکم ہم نے ابراہیم اور موسٰی اور عیسٰی کو دیا ، کہ دین ٹھیک رکھو اور اس میں پھوٹ نہ ڈالو۔ مشرکوں پر بہت ہی گراں ہے۔ وہ جس کی طرف تم انہیں بلاتے ہو اور اللّٰہ اپنے قریب کے لئے چُن لیتا ہے جسے چاہے اور اپنی طرف راہ دیتا ہے اسے جو رجوع لائے3) .42:1 )
4 Welcome Note and the Opening Words
4.1 Secy Gen said, “It is indeed pleasure to see you all here. These are moments of great satisfaction for me. I welcome you, ladies and gentlemen on behalf of the Chairman TFP, Gen Naeem Khalid Lodhi. Valuable are your efforts to spare energy, time and money, for ‘Better Pakistan’. This is the vision we host, serve and claim to stand for”. Another simpler implication of this vision would be آو دینا سیکھیں.
4.2 Secy Gen added, “80 killed in Kabul two days ago, 48 so far killed in IHK in last 15 days or so, and curfew continues. The population in general being terrorized and humiliated. Over 265 killed in Istanbul in failed coup. 160 killed in one bomb attack in Iraq. A mad truck driver used his truck to ram in to the people commemorating their national day in Nice. And killed over 70, and maimed over a score. How would they live rest of their lives, who knows? Then Orlando Club shooting, about 50 lives reduced to blood and dust….setting-in a trauma for general public. Then Dallas; white killing blacks, and then blacks killing whites. And I am still with in June-July of year 2016. What have all the achievement of science and technology of 21st Century given! Who out of us is the owner of His universe? Who would be rated and evaluated and graded on the basis of benevolence to His creature?” Have not self-centeredness, hatred, animal-ego and prejudices of all levels and nature led us?
4.3 Introduction of New Comers. There were two; the artists of Edhi portraits.
4.3.1 Ms. Saba . One of my, ’most obedient student’. She has now completed MS in HR. A writer in making, who has been contributing in BM.
4.3.2 Mr. Sarfaraz. He is Saba’s younger brother. Having done hisIntermediate in CA, plans to take admission in BBA Hons.
5. Business of the Forum. There were four points on Agenda. These were:
5.1 Visiting Patients. It has been a monthly routine since early 2007. To start with they were only 7, in PKPA, at FF of CGH. By 2015 the figure had gradually grown to 180~200, per month. This June (Ramadan-cum-Eid) was special. Three of our worthy members and associate, gave me Rs. 65,000. I gave eidiee at three Wards, Oncology, Paeds Oncoligy (CMH) and Ediee and money for dialysis kit and injections and some blood tests, at PKPA. What a Ramadan! And I make special mention of Ms. Shariqa. She assisted short listing needy of poor at PKPA and giving them kits and injections. I grew two inches taller, this Jun-Jul.
5.2 Sbm Lib
5.2.1 We have a SBM Outlet outside the Gate of TFP Office. On the average 40 to 45 papers/write-ups are taken away every month. Again I would not have mentioned but for those who have started giving back to SBM Lib, back! In last one month got, in the Box:
220.127.116.11 6 CDs on how to perform Umra and Hajj.
18.104.22.168 A book titled,اقبال کی شخصیت پر اعتراضات کا جائزہ مصنف پروفیسر ڈاکڑ ایوب صابر
Who are these great lovers of book and the purpose of TFP, I have yet to know. Sure God shall return their good deeds.
22.214.171.124 The Passport (1 Terra-byte Hard Disc) carrying 36, 000 books has been obtained. What a potential and the possibilities to benefit.
5.3 Plans are ready to interview short listed probable at APCOMS, RMC and HITEC Uni. All these institutions are closed for holidays, as of now. Rs. 3,000 was received in this month. Annex B.
5.4 Monthly statement of acct. TFP received Rs. 3, 620 in the month and spent Rs. 20, 000. Annex C.
6 Edhi Special. There were two segments:
6.1 Talk by Mr. Rana Abdul Baqi. The learned writer, scholar and columnist, eulogized and highlighted, who Edhi was. A personality of the history of Pakistan, who personified Humanity.
6.2 It was followed by the display of two portraits made by Saba and Safaraz. These were put to action. VC, gave a very good idea, and rather than one, all contributed. We collected Rs. 13,500. It was followed by an email to all member of TFP, spread all over Pakistan, and abroad. Ten thousand more has been added. As I am finalizing to make a cheque for Edhi Foundation, more money is being added. Ms. Hajra, the missionary, is on it, and Muhammad Qasim, has added Rs. 2,000.Such great people surround me.
7. The Talk-cum-Paper read, ‘خطبہ علی گڑھ 1911، علامہ محمد اقبال ’, by Dr. Muhammad Hamid. The learned speaker was reading what Allama could see, analyze and write for then and posterity. It looked so true, down one century; and it also looked so alien for the society and the community, called Pakistanis today. Probably we only know his name, Dr. Iqbal. The original Address was in English it was titled, The Muslim Community-A sociological Study’. All participants were given the complete text of the Address, on arrival. Same is being sent to those who could not attend. The Talk was followed by Q&A and comments session. Dr. Hamid promised to get the book, The Speeches and Writing of Iqbal.
7.1 The Q&A and Comments came from Air Cdre Zafar I Mir, Mr. Sohail Abbasi, and Col Jafri. The learned scholar was still better explaining the doubts and replying to the questions.
8. Conclusion Ms. Hajra Saeed wanted to explore the possibilities to extend help to the brethren in Jammu & Kashmir. I will try and request all how to proceed, through this instrument of PMR. To close Col Jafri, the VC of TFP handed Certificate if Merit to Dr. Muhammad Hamid.
Annexes (enclosed primarily for those are not in e-group and who did not attend)
- Script of the Address, translated by Mr. Jehangir Alam and Summarized & delivered by Dr. Hamid
- AMS. An updated Statement of Accts 26 Jul 2016.
- Statement of Monthly Accts.