POST MEETING REPORT FIRST MONTHLY SEMINAR 2016-17 29 APR 2017
- The Event Layout. The order was as follows: -
- Recitation of Holy Quran, recitation and the translation, by the Secy Gen.
- Welcome and the Opening Note by the Secy Gen.
- Business of the Forum.
- میری پولیس سروس کے چند یادگار اور سبق آموز واقعا ت محترم سلیم طارق لون صاحب سابقہ آئی جی پولیس
- Conclusion & Award of Certificate of Merit. Chairman TFP, Lt Gen Naeem K Lodhi.
- Recitation from Holy Quran and its Meanings. First five verses of Surah Jathia, (الجاثیہ) were selected to be recited, translated, and a few words said, about the influence and, or as these ought to have a bearing on our lives.
Now could there be any one of (a man) His best product (95:4), made deputy and chief executive of His universe (2:30); oblivious of what He exhibits, shows and display? He made him seeth and hearer, (76:2) so that He could test him. Does he actually see, learn and understand and process and yield benevolence. All who grow and learn to deliver, surely would question (3:190-191) and cannot help but be or make an endeavour to be astronomer, geologist, biologist, anthropologist, a meteorologist…and continue to explore His universe, the names of disciplines be any. Sure the best out of His creatures is the one who would perform to deliver or be benevolent (98:7).
- Welcome Note and the Opening Words. The audience were thanked and warmly welcomed. Special thanks were expressed for contributing and sharing and giving for a superior cause and identity thru their thoughts, actions in kind and cash.
- Business of the Forum. Three statement of accounts were displayed and the summary of the month, given to the audience. The details were circulated. It covered General, AMS and TFP-BM. Annex A and B.
- The Talk, میری پولیس سروس کے چند یادگار اور سبق آموز واقعا ت, by Mr. Saleem T. Lone. The learned speaker shared his academic and the three decades plus experiences of professional life. It had a number of useful lessons. These can be summarized as follows:
- Whenever there was a will, there was a way. God helped to accomplish.
- “None forced me to violate merit”. So he could lead his professional life the way he wished to.
- Towards the end, the learned speaker narrated his eye-witness account of the notorious assault on SC of Pakistan by PML N, in 1991. He negated; there was nothing of the sort as drummed day in and out by political rivals of PML N, on the media. The Speaker was, and has been requested again to furnish in writing his article, essay or memories; the form he wishes and considers most suitable; for the scribe to publish or u-load on website.
- Conclusion. Chairman TFP, concluded the evening. He highlighted the usefulness of sharing the life-time experiences. The evening came to a close with the award of the “Certificate of Merit” to the speaker.
Annexes (enclosed primarily for those are not in e-group and who did not attend)
- Statement of Monthly Accts & the AMS Report.
- TFP-BM. Statement of Accts.