POST MEETING REPORT BOARD OF GOVERNORS 2016 9 OCT 2016
A meeting of the Board of Governors (BOG) was necessitated due to two important matters of the Business of the Forum. The Meeting was held at the Office of TFP, and attended by all the Directors less Mr. Sultan Bashir Mahmood, the Nuclear Scientist and Engineer, ex DG PAEC. He was under the partial attack of Parkinson; and regretted having not been able to come. Notification for the Election Officer and Convening Order for the Meeting was issued on Oct 4th.
1. General A meeting of the Board of Governors (BOG) was necessitated due to two important matters of the Business of the Forum. The Meeting was held at the Office of TFP, and attended by all the Directors less Mr. Sultan Bashir Mahmood, the Nuclear Scientist and Engineer, ex DG PAEC. He was under the partial attack of Parkinson; and regretted having not been able to come. Notification for the Election Officer and Convening Order for the Meeting was issued on Oct 4th. It has been attached as Annex A. The proceedings were followed as under:
1.1 Recitation from Holy Quran and its linkage with our lives, by the Secy Gen.
1.2 Agenda Points, Secy Gen.
1.3 Conduct of Election for the Vice Chairman, Election Officer Air Cdre Z I Mir.
1.4 Other points of importance; as given in the Agenda, shared by the honorable sponsoring members. The decisions were reached at through consultation. And given by the Chairman.
1.5 Conclusion, Chairman TFP, Lt Gen Naeem K Lodhi.
2. Recitation from Holy Quran and its linkage with Our Lives. One Ayah Mubarak, 43 of forty-second Sura was recited and its meanings dwelt at.
وَلَمَنۡ صَبَرَ وَ غَفَرَ اِنَّ ذٰلِکَ لَمِنْ عَزْمِ الْاُمُوۡرِ ﴿٪۴۳﴾
اور بیشک جس نے صبر کیا اور بخش دیا تو یہ ضرور ہمت کے کام ہیں
3. Agenda Points. There were seven agenda points, sponsored by five worthy members. Annex B.
4. Election for the Office of Vice Change, Election Officer Air Cdre Zafar I Mir. Presentation-cum-Conduct of election was taken over by the Election Officer. The slides showing the matter of fact are attached as Annex C.
4.1 Air Cdre Z I Mir nominated Brig Asif Haroon as next VC, and Col Riaz Jafri seconded him. Rest all the members said ‘Yea’ and that is how Brig Asif Haroon was elected unanimously, as the next VC.
4.2 The tenure of Members of Executive Body i.e. Chairman, Vice Chairman and Secy Gen, is two years. Formal result of Elections will be signed in and promulgated by the Election Officer.
4.3 Briefing on rest of the points ensued, followed by the discussion and decision given where needed.
4.3.1 Honorable Board was apprised on the election of Brig Kaukab Aziz Bhatti as the seventh Director. It was a legal necessity under the Declaration of TFP. He was warmly welcome and assured of best wishes.
4.3.2 There was an aborted scheme of prize essay. Not to be followed.
4.3.3 Setting up of wall of grace or a book and dress corner to be shelved, and not to be followed any further.
4.3.4 The Office of TFP, SBM Lib will function and stay as per its legal and statutory status. Monthly Seminars will be conducted at the venue of the Office as long as the likely number of participants does not exceed 25. When the strength is going to be beyond 25, the MS or any other meeting, it will be held at H-Cube Plaza, GT Road.
4.3.5 All of our members should make concerted efforts to expand our membership.
4.3.6 Secy Gen to prepare a directory of members, showing their area of strength/specialization.
4.3.7 Secy Gen and Editor raised the dire need to have commercials and sponsors for Better Morrow, the bi-monthly journal.
4.3.8 TFP should have some permanent real estate, to be its source of standing income and place of office. The decision was pended, on this point raised by Col Jafri.
4.3.9 Dr. Shafqat, shared some important information on prioritization and budgeting in SPD.
4.4 Three other points were discussed and opinions shared on the initiation of new VC, Brig Asif Haroon. These were; impending protest on 30 Oct, CPEC and Civil-Military relations.
5. Conclusion, Chairman, TFP, Lt Gen Naeem Khalid Lodhi. Chairman concluded the Meeting of BOG, with vote of thanks for the outgoing VC, Col Riaz H Jafri, and welcoming the election of new VC, Brig Asif Haroon. He also warmly welcomed the inclusion of Brig Kaukab A. Bhatti, and completion of BOG. Chairman reiterated the need to expand the membership
Annexes (enclosed primarily for those are not in e-group and who did not attend)
- Notification of Election Officer and Convening Order of BOG
- Agenda Points
- Election for the Office of VC